Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Vegas Travel Blog Redux

Well, my first trip this early in the morning and the first thing to notice is all of the poor saps like me in terminal 2 who are also flying on a 7am flight.  First one is to Denver and based on the average age of those in front, I am guessing Denver might be their last stop.  I am not exactly seeing a lot of degenerate gamblers in this group.

Those who recall last year know that by flying Southwest, I am in the same terminal but this time for the right reasons.  Fairly relaxed right now too...worried about not getting served this early in the morning but I took care of that after I got here...'nuff said.  Actually one beer in a parked car won't kill anyone but it does a world of good for me.

And I found the "secret" new security checkpoint so things are progressing much better than last year.  Must mean the plane is going down.

Good news...if all goes well, I should be in Vegas by 11am.  I will just feel like I haven't slept in a week.  In Vegas, I will fit right in immediately.

More to come...

Ok...this is hilarious...five "dudes" just got on the plane with their skateboards (I sound so 70s bc I think they just call them "Boards").  Not to stereotype but I believe Denver is their final stop.

First time on Southwest...highly recommend if you are willing to fly blind with no seat assignment.  Of course, it helps that the bar is serving (who knew at 6am?) and right next to the gate. Topped the tank off with an Indeed Daytripper.  Should be a good flight.

As long as it lands...

More to come (hopefully)...

Safely in Denver and grabbed a Hazed and Infused at the bar.  Highly recommend Southwest...smooth flight and service.  No wonder they are making money when everyone else is bankrupt.

Interesting sitting in the bar and listening to the conversations...mist about March Madness.  Who the underdogs are, who should win, why a particular team is overrated.  I have my opinions but I'm too engrossed in my magazine to join in.

Which begs the question...how am I getting reading done when I am busy listening?

I dunno...it's a curse.  More to come from the land of mental suicide.

No comments: