Thursday, March 17, 2011

Twas the Night Before Madness (Redux)

Time to break out a classic (at least up to the "Reg Standard")...those who did not see the original should go back to the post on 3/18/09--almost two years ago to the day (find it here).  Hopefully, I will do it justice.

'Twas the Night Before Madness
Just up from a nap
Not a creature was stirring
Especially not Raap

A pull from the glass
Man that was good
Pour a little out
For the boys in the hood

Chewy lays in a ball
snoozing up a small storm
he's not really worried
his picks are to form.

The kids are asleep
with their mother the leader
What a convenient point in time
to say I hate Jeter

The NCAA made a change
They called "First Four"
They said it was genius
I say it's a bore

I look at my bracket
Why do I care?
The Big East Eleven
Are too much to bear

Who am I kidding?
It's the same every year...
Does anyone out there
think there's something to fear?

But I'm bound and determined
To make this one great
Does anyone know
which player not to hate?

Or is it the game
I can't keep it straight
And with Kemba and Jimmer
the game just can't rate

Another pull from the glass
I'm starting to think
what if I'm not done
and there's nothing to drink

The clouds start to part
and the sun shines through
Is it possible to believe
I like THE OSU?

Then a voice rings out
"Do you remember the fish?"
A reminder from above
"Don't forget the Irish"

And then on me it dawns
and it really isn't clear
Notre Dame is the pick
And I have nothing to fear

'Cept all you junkies
the kids, dog and wife
the entries are many
imagine my strife

The beer is now gone
and there's nothing to say
but to wish you the best
and stay out of my way

Peace,
Reg

4 comments:

Grandpa said...

3 out of the first four games picked right. Grandpa rules.

Tiger Blood! Winning! Trolls! Losers! Duh!

Remember, the NCAA doesn't move teams forward in the brackets based on the final score plus the Las Vegas point spread. Soooo when you pick an upset and the upset falls short on a last second shot don't go crying here.

Grandpa

Reg said...

Grandpa still doesn't get it

Grandpa said...

Butler Wins! Butler Wins! Butler Wins!!

Grandpa (with the West Virginia win) is now 5 out of 6!

Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnning!

Grandpa

Reg said...

Grandpa must be ingesting the same stuff as his mentor, Charlie Sheen