Thursday, March 26, 2009

And they're off...

This blog brought to you by anyone who can understand what goes on in my mind. As soon as that person is identified, I'll collect the sponsorship money.

We'll we're off and UConn/Purdue appears to be the game of choice (not that anyone of us without Direct TV or a direct flight to Vegas had a choice). UConn is already covering the spread which is nice (if you into that thing for entertainment purposes).

If any one is actually reading this, I'll be making random sarcastic remarks all night. Feel free to comment and keep refreshing for updates.

Does Purdue really deserve to be here?

**Second tv timeout and UConn is getting bored. Purdue is shooting 3-pointers like there's 30 seconds left and they're down 6. Fortunately, none of that is happening.

**Watching the Xavier/Pitt score in the corner reminds me of watching college football in Iowa City at my brother's house when he was in college and we'd switch to Headline News for the sports report every :20 and :40 of the hour---and even those were not close to real time updates.

**Speaking of Pitt...isn't a little early for them to be bored?

**Purdue is lucky to be this close at half. UConn seriously looks like they could just turn it on at any point and win by 20

**Oh great, the DVR is getting ready to start taping two shows at once which means I have to switch to watching the games on-line. Earl and American Idol--I'm sure this crowd isn't into either one.

**Pitt is in danger of losing respect as a serious basketball team with this performance but if that happens, they'll end up pulling a "Memphis" and making the title game next year.

**Pitt redeems but doesn't cover the spread...that'll teach me for picking them yet again. Teaser still to go with Nova and Memphis. Memphis will screw me...trust me. And yes, Marty, I do like Earl. What you do watch? American's Next Top Model?

**For the record, I am watching The Office right now...did you know American arrogance got us into WWII? (copyright, Dwight).

**It is actually entertaining watching Raap freak out about the games. She's so nervous, she can barely stand to watch--funny thing is when she does watch, she's not sure what she's watching.

**There is only one thing better than watching Duke lose---and that team plays Gonzaga tomorrow night.

**Memphis goes down 10 towards the half. Raap starts softly sobbing (wonder what the second brain is doing).

**Raap finally asleep...she couldn't take any more. Villanova had a decent first half...a better second should put Duke away. Memphis is doing what Memphis does best...playing the pretender.

**Memphis needs to get out of Conference USA. They need to be better "battle-tested" by the time they get to the Dance. They just said their last loss was against Syracuse many moons ago which means that was the last time they played a team of any substance.

**Two best games tomorrow night and the Twin Cities gets neither. Oklahoma/Syracuse and Gonzaga/NC are far more interesting than Louisville/Arizona (double-digit blowout for sure) and Kansas versus the last Big Ten team, Michigan St. Seriously, I need Direct TV.

**This Duke game is ridiculous--Villanova is outhustling, out running and out "poising" them. Duke is usually the well-coached, cool as a cucumber squad but Villanova is outclassing thema s of the 11 minute mark.

**Maybe Memphis can make free throws to get back in it...that iron thud you heard was my comment getting shot down by a brick

**I can't believe Laettner is still making money off that shot. He was arrogant when he was with the Wolves calling every one of his teammates a loser to a newspaper reporter. Nothing has changed, trust me.

**Missouri wraps their 15 minutes in the sun--UConn will end it Saturday. I still can't get over Nova's pummeling of Duke...is it fair for me to be this happy over the misfortunes of others?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl????/

So your the one person who watches that show.

Pitt might be worst #1 seed in tourney history, but a win is a win I guess.

Marty

Anonymous said...

Go Villanova! Duke sucks!

Tripp

Anonymous said...

Could Missouri choke this?! Villanova looks strong!

Tripp

Anonymous said...

Michigan State will crush Kansas and I'll enjoy watching it!
Tripp

raidertripp said...

My wife won't let me watch basketball during dinner. Total bullshit!